Ready and reliable access to a consistent supply of clinical samples through strong working relationships with multiple sexual health (Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM)) clinics and clinical laboratories across the UK and internationally.
High-quality, time-efficient in vitro diagnostic accuracy evaluations for STIs and other infectious diseases at a Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) compliant facility within SGUL.
Early stage-preliminary diagnostic evaluation studies:
- Assay and prototype development
Late stage diagnostic evaluation clinical studies:
- Performance evaluation
- CE-marking performance evaluation
- Regulatory approval process (e.g. REC, HRA)
- Social science, including health services research and patient impact studies
- Service evaluations and cost-effectiveness
- Epidemiology and public health impact studies
- Access to our Public Advisory Group to understand public perception of new diagnostics